Thursday, March 25, 2010

Carnation Flower Cake

Like most of you know I haven't taken any formal pastry classes, but I do love to bake. I believe that the key to delivering beautiful cakes is passion for what you do, and lots of practice. When I want to try something new I use the internet, my favorite search method is goggle. This flower I made out a cookie cutter I had in-hand and my idea was to make a carnation. It might not look much like professional flower (well is not, at least not yet), but I really like the way it turned out.

What's a great way to start Spring Time? Making sugar flowers (this one made out of fondant with yellow food coloring). Plus I brushed it with some canary yellow luster dust and spice pumpkin luster dust for the borders, all edible.


One of the things I enjoy the most after baking and discovering my creativity level is meeting new people. A friend of mine that has tasted my cakes introduced me to this nice couple that I got quickly very fond of (plus I need to mention that the lady and I share the same first name), like her even more! Just kidding.... not really, I do like her.

This nice lady is celebrating her birthday today (March, 25) and she wanted a special cake. Simply, chic, pretty to the eye and delicious of taste and I think I nailed it! Take a look and judge for yourself.

The cake is what we call a "Puerto Rican Cake", is a moist cake with a nice rum and almond flavor. It's a sponge cake with simple syrup topped with Vanilla Buttercream. I use Madagascar Vanilla, because I consider it's flavor high quality and my friends and family deserves only the best quality cakes.



A little closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment